Policies of Use
Privacy and Confidentiality of Information
The Saudi Red Crescent Authority positions the confidentiality of the information of users and visitors of the Authority's website at the top of its priorities, and the Authority makes every effort to provide a high-quality service to all beneficiaries. Portal visitors and beneficiaries of its services must constantly review the terms and principles of privacy and information confidentiality in order to know about any updates, noting that the Information Technology Department is not required to announce any updates made to these terms and principles, and by using the Authority’s website you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and principles and any updates thereon.
Personal Information Security
The privacy and confidentiality of information document has been prepared to help visitors and users understand the nature of the data collected from them upon visiting the Authority's website and how the data is handled. The Information Technology Department administration of the Authority takes the necessary and appropriate actions and measures to maintain the personal information it possesses in a secure manner that ensures its protection from loss, unauthorized access, abuse, or unauthorized modification and disclosure. Among the most important measures taken by the Authority to protect the visitor’s personal information:
- Serious measures and actions for information security protection, and the technology we use to protect from fraudulent operations and unauthorized access to our systems.
- Constant and periodic update of the protection procedures and controls that meet or surpass the standards.
- Our employees are qualified and trained to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Once the user visits the Saudi Red Crescent Authority website, the Authority's server records the user's IP address, the visit date and time, and the URL of any website from which you are referred to the Authority's website. Most websites, as soon as visited, install a small file on the visitor's hard drive (browser), this file is called "Cookies". Cookies are text files that some websites you visit install on your device’s hard drive, these text files contain information that allows the website that deposited them to retrieve them when needed during the user's next visit to the website. This saved information includes:
- Remembering the username and password.
- Saving page settings in case this is available on the portal.
- Blocking the ability of the same user to vote more than once, and the browser may not be required to enter the password on each visit, as the website's system will be able to retrieve it through cookies, or it may prevent the user from voting if they have previously voted, and so on... On this basis, the Authority's website will use the information contained in cookies files for its own technical purposes on recurring visits, and the website can change the existing information within the cookies files or add new information whenever you visit the Saudi Red Crescent Authority portal.
- If you send an e-mail through the website of the Saudi Red Crescent Authority, in which you provide us with personal data, we may share the necessary data with other parties or departments, in order to serve you better. We will not share your personal data with other parties unless they are authorized by the competent authorities to perform specific governmental services. By submitting your personal data and information through the website of the Saudi Red Crescent Authority, you agree to the storage, processing, and use of this data by the Saudi authorities, and we reserve the right to disclose any information to the competent authorities at any time, whenever necessary, in adherence with any law, system or governmental request.
- You are solely responsible for the completeness, correctness and accuracy of the data you send through the Authority’s website.
Protecting your Privacy
For us to be able to help you protect your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Contacting us immediately if you think that someone has obtained your password, passcode, secret code, or any other confidential information. Do not provide any confidential information over the phone or the Internet unless you know the identity of the person or party receiving the information.
- Use a secure browser when performing online transactions while closing unused online applications, and make sure that your anti-virus software is always up-to-date.
- In case of any inquiries or opinions on privacy principles, the Authority's Information Technology Department can be contacted by phone: 0112805555, ext. 6666, or the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To safeguard your personal data, electronic storage and transmitted personal data are secured using appropriate security technologies.
- The Authority's website may contain links to websites or portals that may use methods to protect information and privacy that are different from the ones we use. We are not responsible for the contents, methods and privacy of these other websites, and we advise you to refer to their privacy notices.
Sending E-mails to the Authority
When you send an inquiry or request details on a specific piece of information or service, or if you provide additional information using any of the means of communication with the Authority, whether electronic or non-electronic, such as submitting an inquiry on our website, we will use your e-mail address to respond to your inquiries. We may also save your e-mail address, your message and our response for quality control purposes, and we may do so for legal and regulatory purposes.
- Personal information: including your name, date of birth, ID number, e-mail address, phone number, blood type, username, password, your medical record and other information that will help identify you.
- Device and connection information: When you download or use an application of the Saudi Red Crescent Authority, we will collect some device-specific information such as the device type, operating system and browser information, IP address, mobile network information including the phone number, and device identifiers. We also collect device location information if you use the application’s location features when you choose to share your location with your contacts and with us. Additionally, we use phone log information to check the status of messages sent through our application, and use the camera for the purpose of sending emergency messages (SOS). The data will be used only for the purpose of providing the services of the Saudi Red Crescent Authority, and we will not use the information collected for advertising purposes, and this information will not be provided to anyone for use in marketing a product or service to you. Therefore, user information will not be disclosed for any purpose other than that authorized.